1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a string composed only of text that a website transfers to the appropriate browser file on your hard drive of your computer, so the site itself can store some information about you. This is the case, for example, the pages viewed, the choices made in the menus, and any information that may be typed in forms time and day of the connection to the site. By themselves cookies can not be used to identify a user.
2. Types of cookies
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session, that is, when you leave the site. The session cookies allow the website to recognize you as you move between pages during a browser session and allow you to use your Web site more efficiently. For example, session cookies help a website to remember that a user has placed the articles in an online shopping cart.
- Persistent cookies: unlike the session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your computer even after the navigation sessions and stored until the expiration or cancellation. They then allow to “recognize” the site on your return and remember your preferences and customizations.
In addition to the session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies set by the Web site that you have chosen to visit, in order to provide information to us or to third parties.
Currently we use, and we could use in the future, the following types of cookies on this website.
We use session cookies to:
- Help us maintain security and ensure your details to improve your experience on our site.
We use persistent cookies to:
- Help us recognize you as a unique user when you return to our Web site, so you do not have to re-enter your data and improve the site’s usability
- Remind us how you customized the use of this site, such as language, preferred currency, time zone, etc…
- Collect and compile anonymous, aggregated for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the site and help us improve the structure of our Web site.
As with the primary cookies, you can block third-party cookies via your browser settings.
4. Rejecting cookies on this site